We have this awesome system in our body called the endocannabinoid system, better known as the ECS. Its main job is to help the body maintain homeostasis, which is what keeps your body and all its complex systems running well.
CBD helps support the ECS, which is why CBD could help with a variety of issues from sleep, anxiety, stress and more. It all comes back to homeostasis. Lifestyle and diet can also influence your ECS. Eating healthy anti-inflammatory foods is a great way to keep your ECS and other systems in your body healthy—in addition to using quality CBD.
I’ve created an anti-inflammatory ECS-supporting smoothie recipe for you here:
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1-inch coin fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled (or 1/4 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 personal serving CBD of choice
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Fresh mint for garnish
Add all of the ingredients, except for garnish, into a blender and blend until smooth. Top with mint and enjoy!