I’m always looking for easy, on-the-go snacks that I can have for a light breakfast or to hold me over in between meals. My criteria: it has to have protein and fiber and, most importantly, taste good. Although these certainly are not my prettiest creations, they taste delicious and have tons of healthy benefits—especially with the added boost of a high quality CBD product added into the recipe.
30-Minute Hemp Snack Balls
Makes about 30 balls
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup dates, pitted (about 10 large dates)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 servings CBD of your choice
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut for topping
Pulse the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dates, cocoa powder, almond butter and CBD in a food processor until well-combined (approximately 50 seconds). The texture will be crumbly. Shape the mixture into teaspoon-sized balls with your hands. Add the coconut to a flat surface or a plate and roll the balls in toasted coconut. Place them into the fridge for 30 minutes. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.